Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the GIS Business System Analyst III will develop, manage, and execute all phases of requirements gathering, including analysis of business processes that can be supported/enhanced through geospatial analysis, requirements and design documentation, and collaborating with both the business customers and IT development team. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 46 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of business processes supported by software systems/products;
- Documents technical requirements and business processes; develops training programs, documents, and materials;
- Analyzes and extracts system user data for root cause analysis and supporting technical requirements;
- Analyzes and documents "as-is" and "to-be" scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions);
- Leads requirements reviews, design reviews, and change control activities;
- Defines and implements standards, methods and procedures for requirements activities;
- Works as part of Scrum Team and effectively participates in daily stand-up, sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, task assignments, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience with increasingly complex system analysis projects 4-6 years
- Experience developing user stories based on business and system requirements 2-3 years
- Experience defining and elaborating user stories with validation and acceptance criteria 2-3 years
- Experience with various requirements gathering techniques and methodologies 4-6 years (UML/ Use cases, Activity diagrams, JAD sessions, Backlog grooming).
- Experience with Scrum and/or other Agile Development frameworks 2-3 years
- RDBMS experience (Postgres and/or Oracle) and ability to write SQL queries. 2-3 years
- Data analysis and extraction experience using SQL & Excel 2-3 years NOTE: In addition, please list any desired experience.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence tools.
- Experience with RESTful API's and using tools like SoapUI / Postman.
- Experience with creating high-level mockups to support UX & non-functional requirements.
skills: Special Skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Developing and/or creating new or more effective ideas, approaches, etc.
- Developing and executing short-range plans/decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment across a broad range of circumstances
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.