job summary: Job Summary:
The Data Governance Specialist is responsible for maintaining master data across various domains such as customer, material and vendor masters; and across various systems like SAP and non-SAP systems. This position requires experience and focus on data quality and data cleansing with a strong understanding of production-related master data.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creation, maintenance, cleansing, and rationalization of data globally across various functional areas like sales & marketing, finance, quality/regulatory, planning, production, and purchasing
- Oversees master data management globally and establish and enforce standards through audits.
- Provide expert knowledge of master data in support of Business, Operations and Technology teams.
- Assists in developing standards, guidelines and processes to consistently address master data issues such as data standards and data synchronization
- Actively contributes to the development of master data processes, guidelines and standards as required and disseminates to business, technology and application teams.
qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Education or equivalent experience: Bachelor's in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Related Work Experience: 0-3 years of experience
skills: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience with maintaining SAP Master Data objects like Customer, Material, Vendor.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Ability to analyze complex, abstract issues in a logical, structured way.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with all levels in the organization.
- Broad experience desired, but not essential, in areas, such as data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance, and enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude. Extremely conscientious and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced & complex environment with a self-motivated work ethic; utilize sound judgment with an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.