Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Full Stack Developer for a contract assignment in Portland Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Shipping and Logistics space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
· Design and develop new software by applying techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis that satisfies the objectives stated in business requirements. Follow industry best practices, techniques and standardized processes that deliver improved software solutions. Be available for testing/support on scheduled deployment dates that are designated by the standardized change management process. (40%)
· Evaluate and select process and logic patterns, programming language constructs, data storage methods, and operating environment interfaces that effectively satisfy business requirements and quantifiable measures; develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established department standards. (20%)
· Collaborate with architects, systems engineers, project managers, systems administrators, and operations analysts to deploy and implement solutions, and troubleshoot technical issues. (10%)
· Participate in collaborative code reviews conducted with colleagues and team members; coordinate the deployment and implementation of software solutions. (20%)
· Certify the proper functioning and performance of software components using repeatable, reproducible, and reportable software testing methodologies. (5%)
· Evaluate new technologies for inclusion in developed software solutions; introduce new industry standards and techniques that deliver improved software solutions. (5%)
· Minimum Requirements:
3+ years of experience in software solutions development preferably in medium to large corporate environments or commercial software companies. Detailed knowledge of OTM functionality and its interfaces required.
Experience with modern front-end frameworks and preprocessors (Angular, React, Ember SCSS, LESS).
Experience with data marshalling, data transformation, and data representation technologies (Model entities, JSON, HTML, XML, Stylesheets).
Experience with rapid programming, agile development, software patterning, and refactoring techniques
Experience with process communication techniques (shared memory, message queues, data streams, semaphores).
Experience with creating and consuming distributed data services (REST APIs, Messaging Buses).
Expert experience with the industry standard IDEs - Eclipse, Visual Studio, WebStorm, VSCode.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in technical settings and with internal management. Well-developed active listening and presentation skills.
· Desirable Experience:
Solid knowledge of IT software development life cycle methodologies and processes.
Project management skills. Strong time management, prioritization skills, and techniques for managing customer expectations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- software development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.