The Manager of IT and Infrastructure is responsible for ensuring the reliability, scalability, resilience, and availability for our technology infrastructure. In this strategic leadership role, the Manager of IT and Infrastructure will reorganize infrastructure; IT systems; retail, lab, and office networks; and security systems that keep our customers and employees cyber-safe. This role is responsible for working with the business leaders to define and prioritize enhancement and project requests for digital applications, ensuring the scalability and stability of all key systems across the business, but also act in a cost-conscious manner through careful budgeting. This role requires entrepreneurial execution and strategic planning to continuously deliver at our current scale while building capabilities for exponential growth. Equally important is the ability to collaborate and orchestrate work across departments, including our global parent company.
location: Hialeah, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Ensures the capacity planning and continuous improvement of the IT Infrastructure department
- Managed mobility, including Website and Mobile App development, evolution and oversight, including Content Management Platform, analytics, and notification and communication platforms
- Supports the team in responding to incidents, establishing appropriate standards and controls, managing infrastructure and security technologies, and implementing policies and procedures
- Creates annual cybersecurity operation goals and actionable steps to achieve those goals
- Controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget of technology vendor expenses and cybersecurity; make sure this budget is consistent and compliant with the company's overall strategic objectives
- Drives the ongoing development of various security and compliance initiatives
- Implements all IT policies, procedures, and governance for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Experience working with executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively and gain consensus across the global organization.
- Manages a team by effectively balancing ambitious goals with achievable milestones in areas affecting stability, scalability, and security.
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communication with executives, department heads, and end-users.
- Maintains strong vendor relationships to keep apprised of new products, versions and releases
- Effective, creative problem-solving skills, strong business acumen, strong organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working through ambiguity and in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Working knowledge of group and corporate dynamics with integrity.
- Works to positively fulfills customer's needs.
- Can effectively cope with change and can make decisions without having the total picture.
- Creates strong morale and team spirit by sharing successes.
- Works toward sound and ethical decisions.
- 8+ years of leadership experience, possessing a background in information security and technology infrastructure in retail and/or ecommerce highly preferred
- Someone who has successfully managed and mentored at least 15 people
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with fantastic interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Proven track record implementing and supporting digital solutions
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of the business, excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross functional working teams which may include contractors and third-party vendors
- Able to talk information security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical people with various levels of experience, ranging from board members to technical specialists
- An organizational mastermind who can handle multiple projects and meet ambitious deadlines
- Driven by sound judgement and a strong sense of personal and professional integrity, especially when handling confidential matters
- Highly self-motivated and dependable-able to work with little supervision and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work independently; motivated self-starter
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Drive for Results
- Leading Change
- Understanding Others
- Strategic Agility
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Managerial Courage
- Digitally Savvy
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.