Our Client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst
to work an exciting project in Austin, Texas. This individual will play an important part in the Archive Portfolio's Agile organization, and is responsible for solving technology information systems problems by analyzing requirements; analyzing existing systems; pseudo-designing computer programs; and recommending system controls and protocols.
This challenging and exciting position acts as the interface or 'translator' between the business and technology functions of the company. Your work assignments offer a great opportunity to understand the overall business needs of our clients as they relate to the financial services we provide.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Write feature stories and maintain the product backlog
- Analyze business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, non-functional and/or technical specifications
- Perform analysis and evaluate downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts of system changes
- Assist with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution
- Analyze charts and/or diagrams of the problem to be programmed and defines system requirements in terms of system capabilities
- Assist in the development of project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations. This will result in recommendations for the installation of new systems or equipment, or to change existing systems and equipment
- Advise the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem.
- Provide training and support as necessary during an implementation of new releases
- Provide subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience applying techniques and tools to conduct effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of application/product/service problems, and create alternative solutions to resolve business problems.
- 3+ years' experience with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of the critical interdependencies among system elements that help and hinder performance, and the ability to plan and design solutions to achieve business results.
- 5+ years' experience applying business process design techniques that encourage a critical, fresh look at key processes, with a focus on optimizing organizational performance.
- 5+ years' experience with investigating, evaluating, interpreting, and classification of business data. This includes the ability to collect, identify, analyze and interpret business data using various kinds of techniques to meet business needs and requirements.
- 5+ years' experience utilizing technical languages and writing approaches to write technical reference documentation, such as Functional Designs, Guidelines, Standards, etc.
- Experience with negotiating prioritization between Product Owners and Technical Leadership
- Experience working on complex projects involving Java Microservices, PCF, and Web services in an agile environment
- Experience converting legacy applications and using gained knowledge for planning and managing development work load for replacement application
Solutions Architect experience with good understanding of cloud native apps
skills: Job skills:
- Must be highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment, self-motivated, as well as, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent results-driven team leadership skills are required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.