Responsible for the design, development and testing of complex software to create custom solutions and services.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties:
- Designs, develops and tests software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and its customers, impacting the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives.
- Analyzes complex data to interpret business challenges and leads the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems for improved efficiency/effectiveness.
- Manages the software development lifecycle.
- Lead multiple large-scale software development projects
- Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
- Evaluates current or proposed software development projects and provides feedback on feasibility
- Guides junior and senior programmers as they work with end-users and support staff in the development of functional and technical specifications; reviews completed specifications and recommends actions
- Monitors system performance, tests new software, and fixes complex bugs to identify innovative solutions.
- Assists upper management with creation & administration of corporate operating & capital budgets.
qualifications: Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent STEM degree.
- 5+ years in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus on software design and programming.
- Experience in C, C#, Microsoft .Net
- Experience with common databases, Networking, Security Standards
- Experience with interfacing with common PLCs
skills: Required Skills:
- Fluent in C, C #.Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net or equivalent technology, experience developing, exposing and consuming web services
- Familiar with version control tools such as Git and Azure Dev Ops.
- Skilled in writing code that delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
- Experience in development of custom HMI/SCADA solutions for integration with manufacturing equipment
- Experienced with KepwareEX and communication protocols such as OPC DA/UA, MQTT, EUROMAP, MODBUS, Allen Bradley TCP/IP and Siemens TCP/IP
- Familiar with NoSQL, Microsoft SQL databases
- Hands-on programming experience
Up to 15% global travel is required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.