Sr. Technical Business Analyst
Looking for a technical senior-level business analyst to join an existing and growing team working on innovative and leading edge technologies. We are looking for someone with strong business analysis skills necessary to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal oversight in an agile/iterative IT environment. These projects are primarily custom software development and business process improvements.
BACHELORS DEGREE - 5+ years
- Need someone with software development project experience
location: St. Louis, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Elicit, analyze, document, validate, communicate, and manage the needs of project stakeholders.
- Elicit business needs from subject matter experts, analyze those needs to design potential solutions, present those proposals to stakeholders, and drive internal discussions to reach consensus for the best solution.
- Document and communicate that solution in a way that Business, Development, and Quality Assurance teams can easily understand and execute on, as well as manage any subsequent changes until that project reaches completion.
- Work closely with project managers on the development of project scope
- Serve as a project manager when needed, which includes basic project management needs such as defining scope and objectives, developing timelines, managing deliverables, and communicating status.
- Collaborate with Development and Quality Assurance teams on designing software development proposals, effectively transitioning requirements for approved solutions, and addressing questions that arise during the implementation and testing of those requirements.
- 5 to 10 years of experience executing business analysis is a must; 2 to 3 years of experience managing projects preferred but not required.
- A deep understanding of best practices for eliciting, analyzing, documenting, validating, and managing requirements, along with knowing when to apply them.
- Experience managing requirements for custom software development.
- Experience with all stages of the software development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment.
- Experience facilitating meetings with both business and IT stakeholders from any level within the organization.
- Experience eliciting requirements via one-on-one interviews, group meetings, job shadowing, brainstorming sessions, process analysis, and other methods as needed.
- Experience analyzing business needs, with the ability to differentiate business process improvements from software development solutions.
- Experience representing requirements via use cases, user stories, flowcharts, wireframes, swimlane diagrams, traceability matrices, and other models as needed.
- Experience developing project proposals, organizing project estimates and timelines, and seeking project approval from senior management.
- Experience collaborating with Project Management, Development, and Quality Assurance personnel on software development projects.
- Detailed expertise using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel is necessary; familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence preferred but not required.
- Familiarity managing requirements for multiple technical platforms, including web-based technologies and server-client applications.
- Familiarity working on both internal corporate projects as well as external customer projects.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Business Analysis
- Technical Business Analyst
- Process Improvement
- Sotware Development Environment
- Bachelors Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.