Our client, an industry leading Financial Technology company that specializes in data analysis is looking for a Product Manager to join the product team at an exciting time during the evolution of their flagship platform. As a product owner/product manager, you will start contributing day one on developing new content and capabilities to be launched across our user base.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Identify market opportunities and execute the product vision and strategy
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Serve as product expert for best practices in usability to reinforce a successful user experience
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
- Write user stories, product requirements and define KPIs to support user needs and workflows
- Stay current of competitive features, capabilities and market trends which may impact a successful new product launch
- Apply technical expertise, business insight, product knowledge, and industry experience to effectively manage the product lifecycle
- Partner with business teams to drive the content and capabilities necessary to facilitate user workflows
- Create, maintain and publish product documentation to assist internal service teams and clients to understand product usability
- 3+ years of experience developing products, preferably for the financial services industry, although other sectors with a large content publishing output are also of interest
- Demonstrate the ability to manage complex product implementations through the development lifecycle, from requirements definition to launch planning
- Experience working closely with Agile development teams, particularly in the product owner role utilizing Agile tools such as JIRA to collaborate
- Strong passion and understanding of financial service product principles and analytical data sets.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects/tasks with minimal direction
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technology
- MS/BS degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.