The Cyber Anti-Virus Developer will be an experienced producer who has extensive experience with development of defensive protective measures as well as security applications and database layers. This is an evolving opportunity seeking to employ cutting edge web applications to increase efficiency and performance supporting the Defense Department. The successful candidate will be motivated, team oriented, and have a drive to make a difference in national security capabilities.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
As a Cyber Anti-Virus Developer you will be responsible for meeting all technical anti-viral requirements on the program. You will assist efforts to develop and direct software system testing procedures, programming and documentation. This position designs, codes, tests, and implements tools for operations automation which means you need the ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software. You should also have the ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management.
Cyber Anti-Virus Developer Primary Responsibilities:
- Apply software engineering skills, design skills, and creative thinking to assist in AV development.
- Identify and refine project requirements, solutions to potentially abstract AV challenges, and well-defined performance metrics.
- Translate project requirements into executable roadmaps for creating and measuring technical capability.
- The candidate needs to have strong technical communication and leadership skills to lead investigations with engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Ability to work well with others internal to the effort and with external customers and technology partners.
- Work in high intensity, joint teams of engineers and subject matter experts.
- Be agile in the development methodology, while solving difficult problems and exploring new domains.
Cyber Anti-Virus Developer Security Clearance Requirements:
- Ability to obtain a clearance is required.
- Must be a US citizen.
- TS required with SCI eligibility is preferred
Cyber Anti-Virus Developer Required Experience:
- More than 5 years' experience in working with anti-viral applications.
- 7 years or more experience in an engineering/network development environment supporting multiple concurrent tasks/projects.
- Federal Service is preferred. (FBI, DOJ or DOD preferred).
- Solid experience and expertise in all aspects (application, network, operations, social) of Cybersecurity.
- Familiar with Systems Engineering and its application to the development of IT solutions.
- Knowledgeable of continuous improvement frameworks (ITIL, CMMI, ISO, and PMI).
- Knowledgeable in Object Oriented programming languages (Java, C++).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering preferred. MS or MBA degree is desirable. Equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience will be considered.
- DOJ / DOD background/experience is a plus
skills: Familiarity and direct experience with several of the following technologies:
- Firewalls / Intrusion Protection Systems.
- Data Leakage Prevention Systems.
- PKI Encryption (CA, Encryption algorithms).
- Network Forensics (NetWitness, NetScout, NIKSUN, Solera).
- Full Packet Capture.
- Security Information and Event Managers (IBM, Splunk, Alienware).
- Identity and Access Management.
- Forensic Analysis.
- Virtualization utilizing the above technologies.
- Ability to present concepts and plans to senior management.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.