Seeking a Computer Engineer or Computer Scientist to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of Cyber Forensics, in support of Test and Evaluation (T&E) efforts.
The successful candidate will have a passion to apply cyber security techniques to new domains, and will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary group and collaborating across research teams.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Works across several research teams to advance the state-of-the-art in cyber defense and offense.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for network forensics and exploitation technologies.
- The ideal candidate should have a sophisticated knowledge of software protection mechanisms, extensive knowledge of low-level software development including network protocol design and development, kernel module development, compiler design and development, virtualization and emulation technologies, cloud computing environments, and should be well-versed in multiple programming languages and comfortable learning new languages and language variants.
- Master's degree or higher (preferred)
- TS clearance with SCI eligibility (preferred)
skills: Required Qualifications:
- The selectee demonstrates solid decision making and problem solving skills, ability to react quickly, and technical proficiency in several of the following areas: - Operating systems (Windows and/or Unix/Linux) - Network analysis - Penetration testing - Network security - Incident response - Computer and network forensics - Network administration - Vulnerability and malware analysis - Low level protocol and packet analysis - Scripting and/or programming.
- This position is well-suited for individuals who enjoy visiting network security websites, attending conferences such as Black Hat / DEFCON, setting up and maintaining their own network or competing in Capture the Flag events.
- 7 years or more experience in an engineering/network development environment supporting multiple concurrent tasks/projects, with demonstrated success in areas involving cyber forensics.
- Excellent technical communications and leadership skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.