Seeking a Cyber Forensics Engineer in support of Test and Evaluation (T&E) efforts. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of software technology at its lowest levels and a passion to apply cyber security techniques to new domains. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary group and collaborating across research teams.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: PRIMARY Responsibilities
- Works across several research teams to advance the state-of-the-art in cyber defense and offense.
- Scientifically research various advanced systems and technologies and provide expert engineering guidance on threat liabilities and their potential solutions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for forensics, malware, and exploitation technologies
qualifications: Security Clearance Requirements:
- US citizen able to obtain clearance
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
- 7-9 years: Relevant work experience
- Cert Ethical Hacker
- The ideal candidate should have a sophisticated knowledge of software protection mechanisms, extensive knowledge of low-level software development including network protocol design and development, kernel module development, compiler design and development, virtualization and emulation technologies, cloud computing environments, and should be well-versed in multiple programming languages and comfortable learning new languages and language variants.
- The selectee demonstrates solid decision making and problem-solving skills, ability to react quickly, and software engineering-level technical proficiency in the following areas: - Operating systems (Windows and/or Unix/Linux) - Network analysis - Network security - Computer and network forensics - Network administration - Vulnerability and malware analysis - Low level protocol and packet analysis - Scripting and/or programming.
- This position is well-suited for individuals who enjoy keeping abreast of the latest trends, emerging techniques, and bleeding edge technologies in both attack vectors and security measures.
- 7 years or more experience in an engineering/network development environment supporting multiple concurrent tasks/projects, with demonstrated success in areas involving cyber forensics.
- Excellent technical communications and leadership skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.