This new position in Client manages the elicitation and management of requirements across the software development life cycle. This role provides guidance to stakeholders in the preparation of the requirement documents to ensure that the characteristics of the functionality is well defined, clear and understood by business and technology stakeholders. We are seeking a motivated candidate to join our expanding Product team as a Business Analyst. The Product team is a collaborative group that helps clients and internal stakeholders in their efforts to address some of their most complex business problems through the effective application of technology and process improvements. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, small team environment.
location: Sterling, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
At the core, this role is crucial to identifying, documenting and working with Technology to bring technical solutions to business problems, or to advance the company's sales efforts, are central to this role and that begins with defining, analyzing and documenting requirements. Primary roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Partner and build relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to understand their business problems
- Manage client requests for custom development, configuration or core product enhancements
- Manages the strategy and planning of creation of technical requirements for continued development of the Client Research Platform and future product enhancements.
- Responsible for working with the entire Client team to understand functional requirements to build out specialized documentation to be delivered to Global Software Development (GSD) in their support of Client.
- Manage the full life cycle of development ensuring GSD remains on schedule and delivering to the specs created
- Coordinate with business areas (Product, Sales, Operations, & Research), senior leadership and IT development and support teams to ensure proper design of new requirements, system enhancements and downstream requirements while also managing the delivery schedule.
- Liase between groups and GSD as lead business voice on requirements.
- Manages the strategy and planning ensuring that design solutions will exceed KPI's as defined in relevant calculation development and functionality projects.
- Leads others in the elicitation of detailed business and system requirements from business owners and stakeholders for large and complex assignments.
- Coaches and reviews the work of others in the writing of detailed functional specifications, ensuring they comply with Client's policy and processes.
- Has the vision for change based on best practices and works cross functionally to drive system, process and procedural changes to prevent issues with production. In some instances will drive cross functional work teams for proactive change on a global scale.
- Drives Product Development through the identification of industry changes and by capturing feedback from our clients.
- Communicates and explains the software needs of the end users, Maintains tight control over project schedule, risks, scope of work and budget;
- Designs business processes and organization structure that will increase both efficiency and effectiveness; doing more with less, while improving the customer experience.
- Evaluate and coordinate business system and process interactions to ensure requirements and testing documents correctly identify up-stream, down-stream or otherwise impacted systems, processes and teams.
- Own collection and updating of competitive intelligence and voice of the customer data
- Assist with business case development as needed
- Plan and monitor the product road map
- Participate in user acceptance testing
- Assist in prioritization of IT development demand for enhancements from clients and internal stakeholders
- Evaluate the accuracy of system processes following implementation of: enhancements, changes, and new product introductions.
- Be the single point of contact for any and all requests for our client data from internal stakeholders
qualifications: Candidates must have:
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree (degree in in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or other STEM related fields strongly preferred)
- Experience, interest and aptitude in technology
- 3+ years' experience in a business analyst capacity or in the financial services/financial planning industry and/or software development cycle
skills: - Working with development teams while designing frameworks under functional business teams
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Excel skills required
- Acute attention to detail with a high level of data integrity and accuracy
- Highly proficient in oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence at all levels of the organization
- PMP, CAPM, Six Sigma or other ASQ designation like the CQIA are preferred
- Domain knowledge on retail wealth management is preferred
- Competencies in coding languages such as SQL, R, Python preferred
- Understanding of multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income,
- Must be willing and able to handle the pressures of our fast-paced environment and not afraid to put in whatever effort is needed to complete a task on time.
- commodities and currencies preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.