MapR Administrative Support Engineer
Looking for an Application System Engineer to perform administrative Support Engineering role and work in a fast-paced agile development environment to act as a client facing lead engineer for technologies.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $44.72 - 50.31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The job responsibilities for the job include but are not limited to:
- Hands on administration and implementation, provide senior SME knowledge/support to members of the team
- Engage and lead solution architecture discussion to direct clients' needs based on previously future product roadmap
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Act as solution designer to recommend best implementation to users' needs
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Client facing roles, Support overall systems testing, implementation and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Maintain and support existing Data Control Tool (Talend Based ETL) component for data ingestion questions.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Loading from disparate data sets.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years in solution development
- 7+ years in development
- 2+ years in
- 5+ years in development on Linux environment
- 3+ years of Teradata experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience/ETL Tooling
- 3+ years of Talend/ETL Experience.
skills: - Client Focus, Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experiences in build and deployment tools; GitHub, Jenkins, uDeploy
- Strong presentation and reporting skills required to convey current state, challenges, needs and wins to garner support for ongoing adhoc and scheduled initiatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.