Our client, a growing Data Analytics company, is looking for engineers with broad and deep skill sets and experiences to help move us forward. They want self-starters who will bring distinctive expertise but who are excited to step outside their comfort zone and learn new skills. If you're eager to pick up new languages, paradigms, and technologies, lets talk.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Engineers are expected to wear a number of hats and have the opportunity to touch all parts of the stack. As an engineer, you might work to improve the optimization algorithms, write code using Apache Spark, participate in architectural decisions for new components, or improve performance in collaboration with DevOps. In the same week, you could work on user-facing interfaces and reports with front end developers, write code to import, process and QC terabytes of new data, and work with analysts and statisticians to ensure the validity of our processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design
- Experience with AWS products (Redshift, EMR, S3, IAM, RDS, etc)
- Significant development experience with a major modern language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, C/C++, etc.)
- Significant experience working with structured and unstructured data at scale and comfort with a variety of different stores (key-value, document, columnar, etc.) as well as traditional RDBMSes and data warehouses
- Experience writing unit and functional tests
- Comfort with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work well in an agile, collaborative team environment
- Master's in Computer Science or a related field
- Basic understanding of statistics and experience with statistical packages such as R, Matlab, SPSS, etc.
- Practical experience with supervised machine learning techniques
- Practical experience with Apache Spark
- Experience wrangling terabytes of big, complicated, imperfect data
- Strong background with test-driven development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.