Infrastructure Support Senior
Our Major Financial Client is currently seeking a Senior Infrastructure Support person to manage big data platform and support source code management systems as a member of the Business Intelligence Systems team.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $62.99 - 63.28 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Evaluate and establish Operations Industrialization processes and work across various internal and external business customers and areas to help enhance technologies, operational and process efficiencies, and to improve the overall process. This includes participation in large scale projects.
- Interact with business teams and other stakeholders to understand and recommend operational process and solutions to meet diverse, complex business requirements
- Manage GIT repositories, create baselines and help in deployments
- Contribute and participate in automation of operational process and code reviews
- Develop and leverage SQL for validating data as well as SQL statements
- Run adhoc jobs in production as and when required to fix issues related to processes, data etc.
- Work in a small group and will need to support various ad hoc and on-going requests. This includes production operations support, development of procedures etc.
- Support end-user operational loads, data issues and resolve in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX operating system mainly with LINUX
- 3+ years of Shell scripting experience
- 3+ years of current and hands-on experience with SQL and Relational databases
- 2+ years of AWS experience
- 2+ years of experience with Source Code Control systems preferably GIT, GitBucket etc.,
- Executing and monitoring jobs in UNIX environment
- Experience with Hive queries in Big Data Platform
- Running SQL queries from command line
- Autosys experience
skills: Must be comfortable with analyzing large datasets
- Understanding of mortgage finance, credit risk or financial data domain
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.