job summary: Summary:
- We are seeking a person with DevOps experience in Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Virtual Machines (VMs)/Containers, Micro-services, and Test Automation.
- This person must have deep hands-on experience with DevOps tools and be very technical. We are in particular interested in DevOps tools experience from a users perspective, as opposed to from an administrators perspective.
- A seasoned Software Developer/Tech Lead who has worked in the a DevOps environment for 2-3 years will know CI/CD and how to automate (ie unit testing) would be ideal.
- This is an exciting opportunity to influence a large organizational transformation.
location: Pennington, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- They have a strong coding background and are now able to work on an architect level.
- They are going to be working with new and innovative technologies, create course material based on their knowledge.
- They are going to be in a collaborative and interactive environment providing suggestions and recommendations to partners.
- They will need to come from a strong technical background, willing to contribute ideas, build out new technologies, and deliver training and content. STRONG communication preferred. Chance of conversion ***
- They come from a coding background
- Super Proficient with over arching technologies
- The will create course material based on their knowledge
- They need to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to their partners
- They should be collaberative and interactive
- They have to come from a technical background
- The are contributors and are bringing solutions and ideas
- They are creating course work and will be delivering training and content
- They will help build out technologies
- In this position this person will implement sample CI pipelines (jenkinsfile), CD pipelines, deployment scripts (playbooks), container scripts (dockerfile), and other sample workflow automation.
- In this position this person will need to be able to explain clearly to end users how to use DevOps tools in the areas of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Virtual Machines (VMs)/Containers, Micro-services, and Test Automation.
- knowledge of and experience with best practices and anti-patterns in the areas of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), and Test Automation.
- Ideal candidate: A seasoned Software Developer who has worked in the DevOps environment for 2-3 yrs will know CI/CD and how to automate. Will need someone to teach CI/CD and help develop training for automated testing (specifically, unit testing)
We are interested in a person with experience using the following tools and with deep knowledge of the ins and outs of these tools, as well as an understanding of the concepts related to these tools:
- Ansible, Ansible Tower
- XL Release
- Kubernetes, OpenShift
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.