job summary: One of our Taylor clients is looking to add a Test Automaton Developer to their growing team. This role will be part of the QA Automation Development team in support of automation of smoke, regression, integration and security testing for projects as assigned.
Works independently and with the guidance of Sr. Automation Architect to develop a comprehensive automation suite per application area per the overall Test Automation Framework. Leads efforts to validate business processes, procedures, systems integration and web services in order to design full suite of automation scripts. Adjust scripts as necessary. Required technical skills
- Java, ANT, Java based IDEs (Eclipse, IDEA), Java 8 features (lambda expressions), JVM (Hotspot) performance tuning.
- Oracle RDBMS. This includes competency with PL/SQL and a general familiarity with general concepts such as relational database analysis and design as well as SQL tuning.
- HP Unified Functional Tester (UFT). Expertise in creating, running, and modifying VB script tests.
- SmartBear SOAP UI Tester
- HP Quality Center (ALM)
- Experience with Java based automated functional testing frameworks such as HtmlUnit and Selenium. Selenium expertise is strongly preferred.
- Java unit testing frameworks such as Junit and TestNG. TestNG experience is preferred.
- Web Application Frameworks (Struts, Spring, JBoss Seam)
- Familiarity with common web architectures (Reverse/Forward proxy farms, JEE containers, load balancing) and technologies (HTML5, CSS, XPATH, JQuery, Proxy Configuration, Caching, JEE web containers).
- Experience with creating and running web application performance tests. Experience with HP LoadRunner or Apache JMeter is preferred.
- Experience with general software development life cycle practices.
- Experience with general Software Quality Assurance/Quality Control testing techniques, standards, practices, and related technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related field or eight years applicable experience is required.
- 5+ years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in Software Development or functional automation testing.
- 5+ years software development experience with any combination of test automation frameworks such as Selenium, TestNG, UFT, or SOAP UI. Experience with the planning, deployment, and maintenance of large Selenium grid infrastructures is a plus. Familiarity with other functional testing frameworks (Spock, Rbase, Cucumer, Gebish) is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience designing, creating, and managing integration test projects against large enterprise class systems.
- 5+ years of experience with software Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) practices. This includes common test design techniques.
- 5+ years of a strong basic technical background. This includes general software development (SDLC) practices.
- 5+ years of Object Orientated Programming (OOP) (C++, Java, Tkl/Tk, etc). To include Object Orientated Analysis and Design (OOAD).
- 5+ years of experience with web-based applications and supporting technologies.
- Past experience with Java-based web application frameworks such as Apache Struts, Spring, or JBoss Seam is a plus.
- Familiarity with Java web containers (JBoss EAP, Tomcat).
- Familiarity with general concepts surrounding web services and web applications. This includes web technologies such as HTML 5, CSS, and JQuery.
- Demonstrable experience developing automated functional tests using Selenium, TestNG, and/or HP UFT for both thin and thick client applications.
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using Java and VB Script, specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Experience working with GUI object recognition and customization.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Familiarity with common source control systems and configuration management.
- Familiarity with general concepts surrounding XML and Oracle RDBMS.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in both, a UNIX and Windows based environment.
location: Taylor, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Job Duties
- Analyze and understand solution requirements, architecture, technical designs and processes in order to define necessary scope of automated testing.
- Define automation testing strategy and communicate strategy to relevant disciplines/stakeholders clearly and appropriately.
- Create automation test strategy and plan, develop and establish initial testing harness based on initial test scenarios and build detailed automated scripts per product design discussions.
- Ensure that automated testing is completed to agreed standards and that business and operational acceptance criteria are met.
- Liaise with other management and IT disciplines to ensure automated testing objectives are met.
- Participate when required in formal meetings with customers and subcontractors.
- Report to management on automated testing and quality requirements/activities, to identify deviations from plan and carry out corrective action.
- Performs automated functional, system, integration and regression testing
- Clearly communicates complex technical concepts both in a written and oral manner
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and thick client applications primarily using Selenium 3 and TestNG, but also HP UFT.
- Design and create test automation scripts using JAVA and/or VB Script to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug testing, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Work with QA & Test Management Manager, Sr. Automation Architect and Test Management Supervisor to define strategy and process associated with implementation and maintenance of automation across all supported application areas.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules or potential problems that may impact the quality of automation regression suite or overall product features.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time, as may be reasonably required of them.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Java experience (2 years of experience is required)
- PL/SQL (2 years of experience is preferred)
- ANT (1 year of experience is required)
- UFT (2 years of experience is preferred)
- ECLIPSE (2 years of experience is required)
- Selenium automation frameworks (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.