The bank is a financial advisory and asset management firm that engages in investment banking, asset management, and other financial services primarily with institutional clients. It is the world's largest independent investment bank, with principal executive offices in New York City, Paris and London.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $190,000 - 225,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The bank is looking for an innovative cloud engineering and operations leader and manager to join our IT department. This individual will be working on the systems and transformation that support the global technology organization. This role will be responsible for developing, implementing and supporting the vision and roadmap for: (i) Cloud Engineering and (ii) Cloud Reliability and Operations of services, products, and capabilities (iii) Cloud Governance. This leader will bring enterprise scale software development, cloud, and infrastructure expertise and leadership experience to deliver on a core set of platforms, capabilities, and capabilities to support the firm's need to leverage benefits of a cloud enabled technology footprint. This role will be a core stakeholder driving innovation and transformational technology strategies (e.g. Cloud, containers, data, DevOps etc...) within the firm.
This leader will build and maintain a highly service and product oriented team of software and product engineers. This individual will bring a blend of architectural, design and operational experience to lead and support the enablement of cloud capabilities under enterprise scale, security, and manageability constraints. This role drives the establishment of reference architectures, solution patterns, enterprise design standards to establish cloud as a set of enterprise ready hosting zones that foster re-use, high service levels, and lower delivery timelines while maintaining high operational, financial and security requirements.
This will be a highly visible and collaborative role across the enterprise requiring very strong working relationships with information security, application development, infrastructure, product and business teams. This function will leverage architecture, engineering, automation, reliability, and data driven practices to build a highly adaptable and self-service set of cloud capabilities that meet the needs of application development, infrastructure, and security stakeholders to enable the firm tap into the benefits of cloud and deliver next generation value to the businesses. Key Responsibilities
- Deliver and maintain a forward looking roadmap for cloud capabilities and services both on-prem and off-prem to accommodate the key application workloads for the firm.
- Define and deliver a cloud engineering and cloud operations functions which span all cloud hosting zones and cloud providers.
- Develop and maintain reference architectures, blueprints, patterns and standards for all cloud services, capabilities, application patterns and use cases
- Drive the progression of all cloud based hosting zone roadmaps, ensuring the interoperability between cloud hosting zones.
- Chair the Cloud Management Office to drive governance around cloud. Establish a cloud adoption strategy, standards, and govern all cloud priorities and conflicts.
- Develop and own the end-to-end cloud support model across federated teams within the firm and own the cloud support and management tools strategy for the firm.
- Develop and own the financial model for cloud which includes cost projections, cloud budget calculators, cloud cost management and visibility, cloud cost allocation model.
- Manage all budgets related to core application platforms and services
- Ensure consistency of delivering on milestones using agile and waterfall approaches
- Own the implementation of feedback mechanisms from all stakeholder teams to measure client satisfaction and provide a feedback loop for new requirements/enhancements
- Provide strong technical team management practices: training and skills development, coaching, attracting and retaining hot skills talent, aligning people development with emerging industry trends.
- 12+ years of applications development, engineering, infrastructure, architecture experience within financial services or a related industry where scale, reliability, and security are paramount
- 5+ years of technical people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing enterprise grade cloud capabilities across on-prem (VMWare) and off-prem (AWS, Azure) cloud service providers. With proven enterprise experience in moving workloads from traditional data centers to cloud hosting zones
- 3+ years in leading a cloud reliability and cloud operational function within and enterprise
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting container based cloud platforms - docker, EKS, kubernetes
- Expertise in cloud centric enterprise architecture across applications and all infrastructure and security domains
- Solid hands-on experience in managing development teams and projects and polyglot programming experience - java, NodeJS, Python
- Experience in designing and building micro services adhering to domain driven design concepts
- Hands-on experience in supporting relational and NoSQL data platforms implement as both IaaS and PaaS
- Expertise in delivering cloud services through software APIs and self-service portals
- Knowledge of all industry standard architectures and protocols as they apply to cloud
- Experience in emerging cloud native patterns: serverless, reactive and even-driven programming, containers
- Hands-on expertise in building immutable and self-service automation for cloud provisioning, day-2 operations, and API integration. Proven track record in solving challenges around security patching, lifecycle management, telemetry collection, monitoring.
- Expertise in cloud enabling automation platforms - servicenow, terraform, ansible, puppet, chef
- Expertise in cloud data movement strategies and solutions - kafka, talend, nifi,
- Expertise in cloud management solutions - cloud watch, cloud trail, datadog, ELK, sumo logic, Prometheus, etc...
- Strong practical experience in implementing a cloud native and vendor driven security operating models to secure cloud hosting zones - IAM, DLP, Firewalling, Vulnerability Management, Compliance, Defining Cloud Security Controls and Implementing them etc...
- Expertise in engineering and supporting a public cloud application developer operating environment and devops practice in an enterprise
- Proven experience integrating new cloud operations with traditional infrastructure and application support operations
- Experience in delivering cloud base workplace services for enterprise users (e.g. cloud based VDI)
- Work effectively both as a contributing team member and independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving with the ability to present multiple solutions and potential side effects.
- Intelligent risk taking, someone who challenges the status-quo, operates across boundaries and seeks win-win outcomes
- Solid foundation in aggressively driving innovation while being transparent about, and managing, risks
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple conflicting/changing priorities
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform
- Full AWS certification
- Deep understanding of traditional infrastructure domains: networking, DNS, Active Directory, storage, data protection, cyber infrastructure, compute (Linux, Windows), databases, system management, monitoring
- Experience in engineering and supporting large scale automation projects and platforms
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.