Currently sourcing for a Tableau Administrator to work in Merrimack, NH.
Common Platform Solutions (CPS) team is a central team with-in Asset Management that provides ready-to-use solutions composed of standard technology stacks, development frameworks, reusable software components and services.
location: Merrimack, New Hampshire
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Value You Deliver
- Supporting the scripting of Tableau Server installation, configuration, administration and maintenance.
- Working closely with architecture team in terms of standard methodology
- Review and improve existing systems and collaborate with business partners
- Develop user documentation and product road maps
- Conduct unit tests, load tests and develop sample database queries
- Actively participating in activities like innovation days, code and design reviews, exploring new technologies etc
qualifications: The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering Degree is very desirable)
- 6-10 years experience
- Prior experience working in a geographically diverse environment is required
- Proven experience with the entire Tableau Ecosystem. This includes: TSM (v2019.2+) Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop.
- Hands-on experience in scripting the installation and configuration of Tableau Server using TSM and scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, Command, Shell. on cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Familiar with the Tableau Server Architecture and Tableau processes in a clustered environment
- Working knowledge of Tableau administration, maintenance and support using the TSM CLI and Web Console.
- Demonstrable understanding of the various supported Authentication security models for Tableau Server including Tableau Desktop. ie: SSO options, re-authentication on data sources, SAML, Active Directory.
- Solid understanding of Tableau's Authorization & multi-site Model. ie: Projects, Groups, Workbooks, Views, Published Data Sources, content permissions & functions.
- Proficient with building Tableau Workbooks against Oracle and has the ability analyze performance recording and tackle issues. Applies to Tableau Server as well.
- Experience in executing various tableau administration activities; including monitoring, capacity management, performance optimization, reporting.
- Ability to recognize areas for automation and optimization demonstrating the Tableau REST API's.
- Provide on call support for infrastructure incidents and alerts.
skills: The Skills You Bring
Additional Details: This is not a developer. We are looking for someone who has more of an infrastructure background, supporting the Tableau server and Tableau Desktop. Candidates should have hands-on experience in scripting the installation and configuration of Tableau Server using TSM and scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, Command, Shell. on cloud environment, preferably AWS. -Looking for someone who has created AWS infrastructure
- Familiarity with DevOps, CICD & Automation pipelines
- AWS Certification (Any level a plus)
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as you will be addressing everyone from entry-level employees to executives
- The ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Strong contributor and ambitious with a collaborative work style
- Have curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Eager to learn and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Need an Admin (not developer)
- Need experience creating scripts
- Need to know how to do an upgrade
-They currently have 1200 users using subscription-based model; the concurrent users is 20-30% of total
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.