Our Lansing Area Client has a great opportunity for a Cherwell Administrator to join their team. This is a new position with the client and they are looking for someone with the talent and skills to complete their Cherwell implementation and administer changes going forward. Ideal candidates will have a good understanding of ITIL and ITSM best practices.
location: LANSING, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Administration of the Cherwell Platform.
- Verifies changes by developing unit test plans, test data and scripts. Also performs desk checks and debugging.
- Owns problem management process and ensures resolution to completion, including identifying discrepancies between systems and developing preventative measures for the long term.
- Identify and resolve advanced application issues using appropriate code languages, toolsets, or configuration processes.
- Monitor the lifecycle of systems by being aware of obsolescence and release dates for the product.
- Review patch and upgrade information and ensure implementation where appropriate.
- Track issues and errors, documenting resolutions.
- Act as a liaison between the Company and third-party vendors.
- Ensure that documentation is available for both administrators and users.
- Respond to and resolve reported application, data, or tool issues in a timely manner.
- Review a change request and provide an estimate on effort required for completion.
- Performs peer reviews for Level I Developers on system break/fix and enhancement approaches and ensuring conformity to standards and quality.
- May perform peer reviews for Level II Developers on system break/fix and enhancement approaches and ensuring conformity to standards and quality.
- Ensure changes follow appropriate release management processes.
- Raise awareness of application, tool and data issues and resolutions with the Customer and appropriate IS personnel.
- Create technical design documents and specifications on change requests and assignments within a project while maintaining documentation and abstracts in conformance to standards.
- Maintain knowledge of standards and quality requirements.
- Periodically participate in groups/committees related to processes, standards and best practices.
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities through online resources such as manuals, periodicals and white papers.
- Reviews program specifications for completeness and conformance to quality standards.
- Periodically prepares reports for review by project leader/system supervisor.
- Work with minimum supervision and exercise sufficient discretion and independent judgment.
- Make recommendations to the architecture group and management for future application structure and design.
- Conducts performance monitoring and tuning of applications, systems and toolsets.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Cherwell (2 years of experience is required)
- ITIL Certified
- Powershell (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.