- Life science laboratories require advanced informatics solutions in order to operate effectively and efficiently.
- This role would be responsible for supporting researchers in the expert use of these systems. The right candidate would have laboratory experience and a background in supporting scientific applications, especially Waters Nugenesis and SDMS.
- This position requires knowledge of Windows scientific application and the Waters environment in order to diagnose issues and manage the application, but does not require day-to-day infrastructure management (OS provisioning, OS patching, etc.)
location: Troy, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide Level 1-2 support for scientific applications, including Nugenesis
- Gather requirements from users for enhancements or patches
- Manage existing templates and configuration
- Install and configure application enhancements
- Manage application user lifecycle management
- Perform unit testing
- Work with software vendors for application troubleshooting
- Coordinate with other support teams within the organization
- Some off-hours support may be required to install application upgrades or monitor/verify OS patches or upgrades
- Technical SME
- Project Management
- Change control management/execution
- Experience with Waters Nugenesis preferred (Nugensis is sdms, is not required it's preferred, this is a data acquisition software)
- Experience with scientific applications (Empower, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire) desired - Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Life Science or Technical field
- Experience with AWS is desired but not required, minimum requirement is exposure to AWS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good requirements analysis & documentation experience
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities; ability to deal with and resolve conflicts
- Previous in-lab experience desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.