Our client has a permanent opportunity for an Experience Design Director
in the Sacramento area.
This role is with a very notable mobile game studio located in a part of Sacramento that has delicious food, fun bars, and exciting entertainment all in walking distance.
Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog-friendly atmosphere are all elements of who our client is. Skills:
- 7+ years of design experience with at least 3 years leading a team
- strong working knowledge of the fundamentals-interaction design, visual design, brand application, prototyping and design thinking process-with an appetite for learning new platforms and technologies
- The ability to effectively present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Experience designing complex consumer-facing, entertainment or social products
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release with mobile examples
- Expert knowledge of mobile design patterns and heuristics
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- The ability to thrive in an agile environment and can negotiate, influence and create alignment among product stakeholders
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline, or demonstrated proficiency and experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role.
- A passion for games Bonus Points
- Game development experience with UX and UI pipelines
- Unity experience
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Build highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, game designers, product managers, art directors, and brand partners to set design priorities and find balanced solutions for the player, business and technical goals.
- Conduct deep analysis of current products to develop a holistic view, drive design strategy and identify key areas of impact to meaningfully enhance the player experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of turn-based RPG and card collection games.
- Translate qualitative and quantitative data, competitive analysis and stakeholder feedback into actionable user-centered design goals.
- Establish UX and UI guidelines, design principles and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping, and user testing.
- Drive the creation of a design system to support UI scalability, flexibility and consistency
- Provide leadership in a fast paced distributed work environment requiring an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Driving UX & UI deliverables for a distributed design team by setting direction, identifying priorities, assigning resources, tracking progress and critiquing designs for quality.
- Guide user research studies and the development and implementation of KPI's to measure performance data and validate solutions.
- Lead, inspire, mentor and develop junior and senior designers to bring out their best work and grow their capabilities.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- game design
- game user experience
- game user interaction
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.