Our mission is to revolutionize the way people shop. We are building the Future Point of Sale (POS) system, a native mobile app and BE services which will be responsible for processing all in-store transactions, and creating a new, more human-centric buying experience.
As a member of this new, full stack engineering team team you will be working in a startup-like, fast-paced, high-pressure environment to rapidly develop and test the prototype POS app and services, perform in-house/in the field testing, and ultimately reach production readiness where you will deploy and scale the system to stores nationwide.
Join us for what promises to be an exceptionally challenging, high impact, and rewarding journey!
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- 4+ years building native iOS or Android mobile applications (React Native, Swift, Kotlin, etc)
- Experience with iOS or Android app configuration and deployment
- Experience developing backend services (i.e. Node, .NET, Java, Go, Python, etc)
- Familiarity with production monitoring and tracking tools (i.e. New Relic, Bugsnag, App Center, etc)
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines (i.e. Jenkins)
- Familiar with sockets (socket.io, sockjs, ws, etc)
- Familiarity configuring and deploying Docker containers
- Familiarity with event-driven architectures (pub/sub, redux, etc)
- Experience with (and preference for) functional programming
- Experience working with e-commerce, retail, or point of sale systems
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- React Native
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.