job summary: Position Overview
Our client is seeking a Senior Salesforce Developer to add to our application development/support team.
This person will be responsible for developing new code and supporting existing code hosted across the client website properties. This position will work with stakeholders and the development team to design develop and support Salesforce and related applications using industry standard practices and tools.
Our client follows a lean/agile development methodology. The ideal candidate can work in all tiers of the architecture and has experience with SalesForce.com platform and integrations with Blackboard and DocuSign, as well as experience with transformation from Salesforce Classic to Lightning. They will also have experience in all phases of software development - design, development, unit test, QA test support and defect remediation specific to Salesforce platform, as well as experience performing Salesforce admin duties.
location: Malden, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 53 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- The Senior Salesforce developer is responsible for collaborating with the client Organization, Project Managers, Architect, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance, in the process of creating software deliverables and artifacts.
- As a member of the team, you must adhere to the organization's methodologies and standards, and propose improvements based on software development best practices.
- Perform Salesforce.com admin duties as needed.
- Salesforce.com and related integration platforms development support
- Participation in efforts including requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing, roll out and documentation creation
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts
- Participate in regularly scheduled meeting to discuss current tasks and status.
- Submit weekly status reports.
qualifications: Education and Experience Level
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree with a major in software engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used in the Software Development Lifecycle Process related to Salesforce platform.
- Proven record of accomplishment working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Admin
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment with 100+ users
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce.com developer with Force.com Platform
- Expertise in Apex. Extensive experience developing custom Apex Classes, Triggers and salesforce.com APIs
- Good understanding of code metrics
- Salesforce Lightning Web Component experience
- Proficiency with development tooling such as Force.com IDE, Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with Sandboxes and Code deployment process
- ADM 201 and DEV 401 certifications
- Experience with web services (SOAP, JSON, XML)
- Experience with DocuSign and Blackboard integrations to Salesforce
- Experience in transformation from Classic to Lightning a plus
- Experience with accessibility laws and WCAG 2.1 compliance.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Excellent written/verbal communication & documentation skills.
- Experience with cloud solutions/technologies, specifically AWS is also a plus.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies, program changes, or production requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.