IT Security Analyst
This position will join a project team, reporting to a Program Manager, to standardize folder permissions on common file shares globally. The analyst will be responsible for working with assigned business units to identify permissions requirements and to create an execution plan for standardization.
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 48 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:- Provide functional and technical knowledge and direction to standardize the common folder permission structure.
- Identify and inventory all servers and common file shares in scope.
- Review and analyze folder permissions.
- Gather and define requirements by facilitating user meetings and interviewing users, as well as researching and resolving issues.
- Participate in business analysis project planning and management by documenting and maintaining execution plans, managing issue logs and preparing project documentation.
- Understand the project objectives by thoroughly comprehending the business, technology, security risks and goals.
- Conducts research on industry best practices and standards and other benchmarking data.
- Provide expertise for complex security related problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders and incorporating feedback and requirements.
- Coordinate project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Identify obstacles and escalate issues through assigned project manager.
- Review and validate final permissions reports.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of business analysis experience.
- At least 3 years of information security experience.
- A good understanding of Windows permissions in regards to file shares and Active Directory with groups and group membership.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Financial services experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with client is considered a plus.
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, SSCP or similar certification is a plus.
- Initial interviews will be conducted via phone. Finalists will be invited for an on-site interview.
skills: - Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels within a business area.
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal formats to various situations and audiences.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.