IT Security Project Manager
This position will join a project team, reporting to a Program Manager, to standardize folder permissions on common file shares globally. The project manager will be responsible for managing all work directed to the business units that the project manager will be assigned to and will also direct two business analysts, who will be assigned to the same business units.
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:- Independently lead, manage, plan, organize and control the activities to standardize the common folder permission structure.
- Understand the project objectives by thoroughly comprehending the business, technology, security risks and goals.
- Provide functional and technical knowledge and direction.
- Provide expertise for complex security related problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders and incorporating feedback and requirements.
- Collaborate with business partners, stakeholders and senior management.
- Coordinate project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Identify obstacles and escalate issues, as needed.
- Provide resolution of major issues and manage project interdependencies and handoffs.
- Track progress and create project status reports and regular metrics.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of project management experience.
- At least 3 years of information security experience.
- A good understanding of Windows permissions in regards to file shares and Active Directory with groups and group membership.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels within a business area.
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal formats to various situations and audiences.
skills: - Experience motivating and leading a team.
- Financial services experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with client is considered a plus.
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, SSCP or similar certification is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Initial interviews will be conducted via phone. Finalists will be invited for an on-site interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.