As an Internal Audit Manager of SOX Compliance the incumbent would perform moderate and complex audits of accounting; treasury; financial reporting; and core business areas such as Claims, Underwriting, Billing & Collection; regulatory compliance; anti-fraud controls; and to a limited scope, Information Technology.
location: Brea, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Essential Job Responsibilities:
The primary job function is to support management's business objectives by completing audits and projects to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the company's risk management, internal control and governance processes.
· Primarily performs moderately complex IT audits and projects, but also handles other types of audits and services as assigned. The standard audit process is applied in line with the IIA professional standards and practice.
· Complete moderately complex IT audits, controls consulting and special projects including application controls.
· General IT Controls (systems development, change management, computer operations, networking, database management, security and emerging technologies), risk management, project management, governance and compliance.
· Complete or participate in operational, financial, compliance, and fraud investigations.
· Perform a Risk and Controls Analysis of the audit area; Identify the audit scope and develop an audit program for engagement; Create and issue the engagement memo; Drive the kickoff meetings with auditees.
· Perform audit testing per the audit program; Document test results; Provide timely status updates; Obtain buy-in from auditees on recommendations and target completion dates.
· Develop the audit report and work with CAD management and CAE to finalize.
· Provide periodic updates on the status of the engagement.
· Complete a lessons learned session and send out customer surveys to identify areas of improvement.
· Monitor the completion of management action plans.
· Complete Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance duties including develop, maintain, monitor and periodically report on the SOX and MAR high-level plan.
· Perform the annual SOX and MAR risk assessment and scoping.
· Provide controls and testing guidance to domain owners and testers.
· Provide feedback on test binders and remediation scorecards.
· Provide input to the year-end assessment.
· Work with KPMG as liaisons during their engagement.
· Perform administrative tasks related to QAIP, Team Mate and Audit website content management.
· Support regulatory compliance activities. Education:
· Bachelor's degree in business related field
· CISA certification preferred; CPA; CIA, CPCU, CISSP a plus Experience:
· Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience performing IT audits or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SOX (3 years of experience is required)
- IT audit (3 years of experience is required)
- Regulatory Compliance Frameworks
- Compliance Testing
- SECURITY ANALYST
- Vendor Risk Auditing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.