Client is looking for an Oracle Software Developer to work in Boston, MA. Overview
Looking for a hardworking, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with solid understanding of programming fundamentals, software design and practices to join our Engineering team, developing solutions using Oracle - P/SQL, ETL, Informatica, Python and cloud supporting the organization. The candidate should possess quality to work closely with business users in Quant and BI Reporting related work.
location: South Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Value You Deliver
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
- A technology focused software development space with a focused/driven attitude towards developing and supporting of critical systems.
- Focus on quick to market solutions developed on our preferred technology stack (Oracle PL/SQL and Python).
- Become a trusted partner, collaborate and align with the wider Enterprise Data Strategy.
- Identifying and integrating data from various sources in batch and real time
- Researching and recommending solutions to complex problems
- Desire to continually keep up with advancements in data engineering practices
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing existing systems for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with partners including the business, architects and dev teams and support business with their quick solution needs.
qualifications: The Expertise You Have
- 3+ years of experience in multiple IT areas that include Database development, Data Warehousing, mid-tier development & Cloud services
- Proven data modeling and solution design experience
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Software) required
skills: The Skills You Bring
- Advanced working SQL and P/SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and data warehouses
- Experienced with data normalization and denormalization techniques
- Experience in query performance tuning
- Experienced with unit testing and automation testing frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services
- Experienced in supporting and working with business in a dynamic environment
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including written, verbal, and technology illustrations
- Capacity to quickly understand and incorporate new technologies
- Good control on Agile methodologies
- Experience with Asset Management data and structures, in addition to working with a data access layer using R or python a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.