job summary: Summary:
- (Enterprise Technology Architecture & Shared Capabilities) Solution Architects are technical leaders responsible for solution designs that exceed Client expectation in terms of function and performance while also adhering to divisional and Enterprise policy, standards, and strategy.
- Our primary goal is establishment of solution architecture designs, standards, and guidelines which describes both current and evolutionary path forward target states.
- We drive and manage portfolio technical vision in collaboration with agile delivery teams to collectively deliver desired business outcomes. With a strong sense of ownership for both personal deliverables and value stream goals, we perform role functions including:
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Creating technical designs for architecturally significant business and technical change
- Collaborating with delivery teams on implementation according to design, standards, and best practices
- Managing value stream architecture runway and technical debt backlog with input from key stakeholders e.g. Product Manager/Owner, Feature Lead
- Providing acceptance of architecturally significant epics to ensure implementation aligns with design and Enterprise standards
- Documenting solution architecture standards and guidelines for the portfolio
- Collaborating with peer Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects on cohesive and consistent architecture approaches and best practices
- Strong, independent, ownership focused technical leader requiring minimal oversight including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability and desire to perform hands on POC work to comprehensively assess applicability and impact of technology and patterns to our solution designs
- Process expertise across the software development lifecycle (SDLC) i.e. requirements definition, build, test, deploy, release, operate
- Technical expertise with DevOps automation and enablement technologies including Jenkins, Ansible/Tower, Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Artifactory, etc.
- Technical experience with microservices/SOA enabling tools e.g. API Management, Kubernetes/Docker, service meshes, Swagger
- Design and/or development experience with complex, integrated, high volume applications for resiliency and performance leveraging both application (e.g. caching, replication) and infrastructure components (e.g. load balancers, clustering)
- Excellent communications skills with presence and authority to influence stakeholders and partners. Ability to provide clear, concise technical guidance to the delivery partners while delivering comprehensive status to senior executives, project champions, etc.
- Knowledge of security aspects of integrated system design and associated protocols e.g. AAA, token based authz, encryption
- Experience with agile methodologies, routines, and tools
- Technical experience with BPM/RPA process automation environments e.g. Pega, Appian
- Practical experience using Bank of America compliance methodology and tools e.g. PTB/PTO, EARC, BT/Converge
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.