Our client, a growing Data Analytics firm that handles massive amounts of data in a unique way to make better decisions for their clients is looking for a Sr. Cloud Security Engineer to help implement the company's information security program, comprised of cloud infrastructure, on-premise networking, and end-user endpoints. The Senior Security Engineer will be directly responsible for implementing and managing cloud and on-premise firewalls and the various security tools to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the environment.
location: Melville, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Works with the Director to implement and maintain all security services and infrastructure, with special emphasis on cloud technologies and tools to integrate into a CI/CD development environment
- Works with IT and DevOps teams to apply appropriate patches and system hardening procedures including updating necessary firmware on all systems to ensure the network remains secure from unauthorized access
- Troubleshoots issues and provides hands-on support as needed, to ensure smooth and efficient operation of security systems.
- Monitors established network and security controls to ensure compliance with Information Security policies.
- 5+ years hands-on with network/systems engineering and security systems
- Administration and Engineering of Palo Alto firewalls (physical and virtual)
- VPN setup and administration (P2P and Global Protect end-point clients)
- Linux operating systems installation and troubleshooting (AWS-Linux and Ubuntu)
- System hardening and infrastructure security
- AWS security configuration, including IAM roles, security groups, EC2 instance creation, S3 bucket policies, JSON creation, VPC engineering, and Cloud Trails setup and auditing
- Cylance end-point protection troubleshooting
- Splunk Cloud dashboard creation and monitoring
- Vulnerability scanning tools such as Tenable's Security Center, Nessus
- Airwatch / Jamf / scripting
- Must have an understanding of NIST, CIS, and ISO security frameworks
- Must be hands-on, with a strong technical ability to perform security engineering and operations functions as part of this role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computers Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity or equivalent
- CEH, CCNP, CCIE, TIA Security+, LPIC2, or similar Linux certifications
- Duo MFA implementations and integrations
- Email protection solutions such as Proofpoint
- Experience with integrating LDAP, SAML, federated identity services and MFA services
- Penetration testing tools such as Burp Suite, Metasploit, Nmap, Aircrack-ng, Kali Linux
- Implementation and setup of static and dynamic code assessment tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.