job summary: Briefly describe the duties and responsibilities
We have a short term need to augment team with a specialized skill set.
location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes specifications for APIs.
- Designs, builds, and maintains APIs in a cloud-based micro-services architecture.
- Develops automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using TDD methodology
- Implements instrumentation for monitoring product health, business metrics, and consumption patterns
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3+ year's software engineering experience.
- Relevant certifications is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the following software engineering practices and concepts:
- Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
- Test/Quality assurance methodology
- Systems analysis and design techniques.
- System/subsystem requirements.
- Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
skills: Senior Full Stack Developer
AWS, NGA, JAVA Essential skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience developing Java REST services - Spring, Jersey
- 3-5 years of experience with test-driven development practices and frameworks - mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- 2+ years of experience with at-least one of the cloud data stores- S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud data stores is a plus - S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.