job summary: Overview
Randstad Technologies, a global leader in IT Staffing and Services has an immediate need for a Product Engineer to sit in Northern Virginia to assist with the technical evolution of our customers' Engineering division. A successful candidate will bring strong technical skills and desire to tackle challenging problems.
location: Leesburg, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Contribute to project integration efforts as a member of a cross functional team
- Participate in R&D efforts, technology certification, and configuration standards within the Infrastructure and Cloud group.
- Contribute towards automation and product roll out tasks as part of the larger Infrastructure and Cloud group
- Resolve product defects identified throughout the product lifecycle
- Attends pertinent training sessions and seminars as budgeted.
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3-4 years of hands on experience working in a process oriented Engineering field.
- Minimum 1 year experience scripting w/ Python
- Minimum 3-4 years experience with CAD
- Experience with Product Design
- Experience within one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Manufacturing, Industrial, or PC Based/Material Engineering
- Experience with Developing/Designing a physical product
- Experience using a 3D printer
- Understanding of one or more of the following hypervisors: Xen, KVM, Esxi
- Experience with Open Source products such as: Apache, OpenProxy
- Familiarity with network devices, preferably Juniper and Cisco
- Excellent command of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.