Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for collaborating with stakeholders in designing, prototyping & evaluating highly scalable solutions sustaining critical applications used to manage the power grid.
The ideal candidate has a passion in modernizing systems in an environment that fosters cloud architectures, agile processes, and modernizing technologies & processes; enjoy systematically engaging stakeholders and applying architectural methods and producing architectural artifacts across multiple domains including business, data, application, infrastructure, and security to evidence the achievement of business outcomes.
1. Kubernetes, Docker design pattern experience
2. Someone who has done microservices protyping or migrated applications from Microservices
3. Full Stack Cloud Architecture- architecting protyping, patterns in the Cloud space? Some AWS would be good.
location: CARMEL, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders, including directors, executives, managers and engineers to conceptualize to-be architecture designs that achieve desired trade-offs across technology strategy, business goals, and functional outcomes.
- Provide expert technical advice and guidelines for each of the core architecture domains (e.g., application, integration, data, infrastructure, delivery)
- Work with stakeholders to elicit architectural quality requirements and business drivers
- Work collaboratively with external vendor development teams, internal Agile development teams, business stakeholder and architecture team peers
- Methodically reach technical decisions and elaborate their rationale and implementations through documentation across the architectural domains (collectively, the 'solution')
- Demonstrate the value of design approaches with the delivery of design specifications and working software
- Advance the state of our application portfolio towards cloud-readiness through expert-level insights and advocacy
- Contribute exemplars of executed patterns and technology to MISO's Reference Architecture
- Compliance with all processes, procedures, and standards applicable to the position including (but not limited to): SSAE16 SOC1 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 Service Organization Controls 1), CIP(Critical Infrastructure Protection), Change Management, Tariff (Open Access Transmission, Energy and Operating Reserve Markets Tariff), FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation), U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and NAESB (North American Energy Standards Board)
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required (required)
- Cloud (AWS, GoogleCloud, Azure)
- Architect or Lead
- Kubernetes (5 years of experience is required)
- Docker (5 years of experience is required)
- microservices architecture
- microservices (5 years of experience is required)
- AWS Cloud
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.