Sr. Platform Engineer
Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Sr. Platform Engineer for a contract assignment in Hillsboro Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Beaverton, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Senior Platform Engineer will work as part of an Agile scrum team that will analyze, plan, design, develop, test, debug, optimize, improve, document, and deploying complex, scalable, highly available & distributed software platforms. A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of data flow design patterns, cloud environments, infrastructure-as-code, container-based techniques, and managing large-scale deployments. Qualifications
- Experience in developing dataflow orchestration pipelines, streaming enrichment, metadata management, data transformation using Apache NiFi. Added experience with Kafka or Airflow may help.
- 5+ years in building Microservices /API based large-scale, full-stack production systems.
- Deep industry experience in cloud engineering problems around clustering, service design, scalability, resiliency, distributed backend systems etc.
- 4+ of Experience with multi-cloud (AWS, Azure) and/or multi-region active-active environments with background in deploying and managing Kubernetes at scale.
- DevOps experience with a good understanding of continuous delivery and deployment patterns and tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, etc.).
- Experience with various data stores (SQL, No SQL, caches, etc.). Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with observability and with tools like Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, or any other open-source.
- Strong Knowledge of distributed data processing & orchestration frameworks and distributed architectures like Lambda & Kappa.
- Excellent understanding of Agile and SDLC processes spanning requirements, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with high-performing diverse teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals by developing meaningful relationships.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- platform engineering
- Java experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.