Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced Application Engineer for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO. The willingness to learn new applications and design new solutions are critical to the success of this role. The ability to work within a flexible, changing environment is a must; we are often learning by trial and error, proof of concept and detailed analysis. This position requires prior experience in a Linux environment dealing with network and security issues. This position provides 7 day x 24 hour on-call support on a rotating schedule.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Supports locomotive device configuration and network setup and test.
- Determines field deployment and configuration procedures for devices (procedures, install guides, etc.).
- Provides Field validation support for configuration and communication of devices.
- Provides development support to both internal and external development teams with connectivity and access to virtual and physical devices for the different types of equipment.
- Acts as liaison on an engineering level between PTC Back Office team and other groups.
- Identify and implement ways to install/support applications over IP
- Manage and maintain IP tables and firewall configurations
- Support the development team with connectivity and access to virtual and physical devices for the different type of equipment.
- Advanced Systems/network engineering experience with security understanding
- Efficient use of Python, shell or other open source scripting languages
- Demonstrated ability to work within DevOps environment
- In-depth knowledge with system logging and alerting solutions
- Demonstrated ability to complete solutions with limited requirements defined
- Debugging within a complex environment that includes multiple connected devices
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional small work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills within the team environment
- Ability to work effectively within a variety of solutions
- Desire to work in an environment with undefined elements where trial and error is common
- Previous experience and efficiency using an Influx time-series database, Kapacitor Real Time Stream Processing and Telegraf Source Server Agent tools
- 8+ in a technology-related field. Railroad Industry definite plus
- 5+ years of managing a Linux or other UNIX platform
- 3+ years of scripting, Python is preferred
- 5+ years working with networking and/or security within a Linux environment
- Previous experience working with IP tables
- Previous experience working with system event logging
- Previous experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Prevous experience to be efficient working in Ansible and Jenkins
- Previous experience with ELK (Elastic) stack
- Previous experience with SIEM tool
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Red Hat Linux (5 years of experience is required)
- Python or PERL Scripting (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.