Senior Big Data Developer
Our Major Financial Client's Single Family Division is currently seeking a Senior BigData Developer to implement BigData tools and methods of data processing and ingestion as a member of the Credit Analytics and Reporting team.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $68.99 - 70.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
o Cleanse, manipulate and analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data - XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using Hadoop platform.
o Develop Python, PySpark, Spark scripts to filter/cleanse/map/aggregate data.
o Manage and implement data processes (Data Quality reports)
o Develop data profiling, deduping logic, matching logic for analysis
o Programming Languages experience in Python, PySpark and Spark for data ingestion
o Programming experience in BigData platform using Hadoop platform
- Present ideas and recommendations on Hadoop and other technologies best use to management
- 5+ years of experience in processing large volumes and variety of data (Structured and unstructured data, writing code for parallel processing, XMLS, JSONs, PDFs)
- 3+ years of programming experience in Python, Spark for data processing and analysis.
- Strong SQL experience is a must
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
skills: - 3+ years of experience - using Hadoop platform and performing analysis. Familiarity with Hadoop cluster environment and configurations for resource management for analysis work
- Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.