job summary: Position Overview
The client is seeking a Senior ASP.NET Software Developer to add to our application development/support team.
This person will be responsible for developing new code and supporting existing code hosted across the client's website properties. This position will work with stakeholders and the development team to design develop and support .Net code using industry standard practices and tools.
location: Malden, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- The Senior .NET Software developer is responsible for collaborating with the client Organization, Project Managers, Architect, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance, in the process of creating software deliverables and artifacts.
- As a member of the team, you must adhere to the organization's methodologies and standards, and propose improvements based on software development best practices.
- Daily usage of the following tools: Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017/19, Team Foundation Server, SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle SQL Developer.
- Participation in full software development lifecycle including requirements analysis and design, working closely with analyst, design and QA personnel
- Strong knowledge in multi-tier Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Solid understanding of design patterns (e.g. MVC)
- Proactively raise issues and offer solutions.
- Participate in daily Kanban meeting to discuss current tasks and status.
- Submit weekly status reports.
qualifications: Education and Experience
- Experience with accessibility laws and WCAG 2.1 compliance.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with responsive web design/development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Excellent written/verbal communication & documentation skills.
- Experience related to K-12 education/curriculum standards would be a plus.
- Experience with cloud solutions/technologies, specifically AWS is also a plus.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies, program changes, or production requirements.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree with a major in software engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used in the Software Development Lifecycle Process.
- Proven record of accomplishment working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- 7+ years of experience as a full stack ASP.NET using VB.Net Web Forms and C#/MVC.
- 7+ years of experience hands-on knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle
- Knowledge in OO development principles, multi-tier web application design and relational database principles
- 5+ years working with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.