Works as a member of the IT Operations support team to process changes; minimizes the risk to the stability of the application when processing changes; reviews, tests and implements new application related tools or utilities as appropriate to meet business requirements and continuously improve performance. May mentor less experienced technical staff. Job Competencies:
Work Experience Required:
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to understand others and clearly express thoughts.
- Incident Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Ability to produce high quality work deliverables with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, and activities
Technical Experience Required:
- Minimum of five years (in excess of degree requirements) of progressively responsible experience supporting computer applications.
- Crafter CMS
- Alfresco ECM
- Proficiency with networking concepts and protocols
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field, or six years applicable experience is required.
location: Taylor, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Supports and maintains the corporate commercial application suite.
- Owns operations of the applications toolset.
- Communicates status to team on a regular basis regarding problems and issues in Production, so they can be communicated to the Business Area.
- Coordinates with other teams and peers to ensure that applications run and interface smoothly.
- Resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains flexibility in response to requests.
- Understands how the applications support business processes and applies this knowledge to solve defined business problems.
- Collaborates with other application and technical resources when resolving a problem or implementing a system change.
- Analyzes current application processes and recommends improvements.
- Participates in review of high-level application design and architecture.
- Provides on-call support outside business hours as needed.
- Develops and sustains a high level understanding of the competitive energy markets.
- Increases and maintains proficiency on operational methodologies and concepts.
- Updates and maintains required systems documentation, following documentation standards where applicable.
- Identifies and acts upon functional and technical design and system architecture improvements.
- Participates in systems migration planning and execution.
- Prioritizes work to ensure that team objectives are satisfied.
- Updates team policies, processes, and workflows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Ansible (1 year of experience is required)
- Tomcat and Apache
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.