Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Sr. Mongo Database Administrator
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The Senior IT Database Administrator (Senior DBA) provides consultation related to database management and administration. The Senior DBA's perform detailed data flow analysis ensuring the highest levels of efficiency in database and query design in distributed data flows. Senior DBA's administer database systems to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data. The Senior DBA is responsible for maintenance, control and testing of complex databases which provide orderly methods of data storage and controlled access to data. Senior DBA's also maintain complex query language for established database systems, design and execute backup and recovery schemes and implement disaster recovery procedures. The Senior DBA serves as a subject matter expert providing consultation to end-users and project team members on database management, query development, system requirements and database change management initiatives and providing technical guidance to other DBAs.
- Consults on database, architecture and related infrastructure technologies to all areas and levels within IT.
- Consults on exploiting opportunities involving multiple hardware and software systems, issue resolution, providing innovative business solutions, etc. to both internal and external customers and partners.
- Provides technical leadership on the implementation of leading-edge database technologies and the design and implementation of large-scale technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Develops and ensures compliance with all system, disaster recovery and security audit policies.
- Writes complex programming/scripts.
- Participate in disaster recovery design, testing and execution
- Monitor and evaluate database performance and adjust database configuration as appropriate
- Provide technical leadership to other DBAs
- Design process for database change management issues related to environment migration
- Make highly complex physical changes to current databases, often this requires working after hours
- Maintain operational documentation (e.g., procedures, task lists, architecture blueprints)
- Provide subject matter expertise to corporate projects and initiatives
- Work with users and IT partners to understand requirements for a physical database design
- Provide database consulting expertise to corporate projects and initiatives applying PMM and development life cycle concepts
- Address customer concerns and issues related to database management
- Evaluate database performance and adjust configuration appropriately
- Provide production support for outages, restore/recovery events
- Optimize implementation of system design in order to optimize performance and effectiveness while realizing the optimum technical issues.
- Other duties as assigned
qualifications: Required Experience:
- 5-8 years of Professional experience as a database administrator on the targeted operating system platform
- Related Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience
- 5 or more year's professional experience as a MongoDB database Administrator with strong working knowledge of Linux on IBM Power hardware to setup and support MongoDB Advanced Server Edition.
- In depth knowledge of the MongoDB architecture, replication.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and upgrading Major and Minor version of MongoDB databases.
- Experience in configuring and supporting OpsManager for Backups, Deployments.
- Setting up client tools such as Compass, NoSQL Booster administration.
- Support document based JSON data structures. Exporting and importing documents,
- Experience in deploying MongoDB in Linux on IBM Power environment and good understanding of operating system concepts of Linux (RHEL).
- Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database server deployment.
- Proven experience in working in a mission critical environment in a multi-terabyte database platforms.
- Experience in setting up Replication and fine tuning the parameters for replication.
- Hands on working knowledge of fine tuning the application workload, index recommendation.
- Implemented and working knowledge of sharding in at least one of the environments.
- Creating databases, migrating database objects from non-production to production environment.
- Working knowledge of Database Security mechanism integrating with LDAP/AD, data encryption, obfuscation, auditing using tools such as Guardium.
- Extensive experience designing and executing backup and recovery concepts and procedures
- Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, SQL Tuning
- Experience in using Splunk, Nimsoft for Availability and performance.
- Good understanding of licensing options and optimization.
- Experience in scripting languages (Shell or Python or Perl) for automating DBA administrative tasks.
- Experience with automation tools such as Control-M.
- Experience in implementing MongoDB STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation.
- In-depth knowledge of IT industry database technologies and processes and business applications integrated with database technologies.
- Provide 24 x 7 Support to Critical production systems, Strong troubleshooting experience in production.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Experience in working closely with the application development teams to resolve any performance related issues and provide application support.
- Compass, NoSQL Booster
- Splunk, Nimsoft
- Shell, Python, Perl
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.