We are looking for a couple of Desktop Support Specialists to start asap.
This role is for OVERNIGHT SHIFT (7:00 pm - 7:00 am including holidays).
Regarding the Shift Hours: The team will need coverage from 7pm-7am, 7 days a week. There is full flexibility on what days of the week and how the resources hours will be broken up. For example, someone could work 10hrs x 4days or 12hr x 3days + 4hr x 1day. We will try to work with the team as a whole to find the best compromise for all team members.
location: Bothell, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 26 per hour
work hours: 10pm to 7am
education: No Degree Required
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer's Operating System based platforms
- Works with Lab managers/ Key lab users to manages Lab Computing aspects of On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: the lab environment and customers' needs
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client's corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers and external vendors, but not limited to, on-boarding, retiring, troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues
- Supports management in the development and implementation of training initiatives for Services personnel
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC's, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Responds to Lab software/hardware related inquiries
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved via regularly identified support channels.
- Shares technical and process updates
- Identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
- Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently.
- Ensures that required equipment and/or materials are in appropriate locations so that own and others' work can be done effectively.
- Effectively allocates own time to complete work; coordinates own and others' schedules to avoid conflicts.
Looking for Level 1 Helpdesk candidates with first experience. Prior work in a lab setting is helpful.
- Experience as a Helpdesk Specialist
- Preferred experience in a lab environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.