Our client is looking for a Cogito Principle Trainer for a Direct Hire role in Sacramento, CA.
The Cogito Principle Trainer will be responsible for providing education to business intelligence end users on available reporting assets and the functionality of analytics tools available for use. This position will require acquiring and maintaining knowledge of clinical, research, and operations workflows. The person in this role will be responsible for customer relationship management, creating partnerships with business intelligence developers and analysts on the EMR application teams. REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing technical training to end users.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Advanced ability to serve as a technical leader and information resource, and to work collaboratively with senior staff and management across departments, providing advice, counsel and analysis on issues of policy, functionality, system efficiency, upgrades, business analytics, and industry advances and trends.
- Advanced understanding of media production methods and tools used in IT education
- Advanced customer service and consultative skills
- Thorough knowledge of software and technologies training, including complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, and industry standards and practices involved with training curriculum design.
- Experienced in project management principles including task management, development of timelines, and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables.
- Experience with technical analysis, documentation and writing, and the ability to follow team conventions.
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills to convey highly technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users in a clear and concise manner, to provide technical support and training.
- Detail oriented, with proven ability to effectively manage time, see projects through to completion, organize competing priorities, and effectively address complex, urgent issues as they arise.
- strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate productively, work in a team environment, and to train and support clinical informatics users at all professional and technical levels throughout the medical center.
- strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with senior staff and managers in clinical information technology, health care management, and business analytics, serving as a technical resource and providing advice and counsel on issues of functionality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, policy, and performance.
- Experience with various office software tools such as Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent analytical skills to develop and/or comprehend complex technical, clinical, research, and fiscal information; ability to absorb information to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated experience translating customer requirements into technical specifications and documentation.
- Understanding of change management practices
- Ability to function with a high degree of autonomy
- Familiarity with visualization/analytics tools
- Previous involvement in projects related to hospital operations, critical care, emergency medicine, trauma, etc.
- Experience with end user workflows for two or more Epic applications
- strong communication skills
- Ability to use logic and flow diagrams to describe the functional processes of a system that both end-users and programmers can understand.
- Excellent organizational skills to determine and prioritize workload to enable timely completion of tasks.
- Identify and communicate problems in a collaborative, professional manner.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential, secured, and financial matters; practical application of HIPAA and privacy rules a plus.
- Comfortable working independently with minimal direction in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating and presenting oral and written material to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise. PREFERRED:
- Current certification in Epic Inpatient, Ambulatory, Cadence, Prelude, MyChart, Referrals
- Experience with Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR) build and configuration.
- Experience with Epic's reporting tools including Radar, Reporting Workbench, SlicerDicer
- Over one-year experience in healthcare clinical practice environment including experience with healthcare information systems.
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides subject matter expertise and is the point person for IT Health Informatics for all questions and requests for training and education materials.
- Establishes training for a variety of audiences, each customized to ensure highly trained and productive employees.
- Develops reference and course materials. May lead optimization activities to assure staff effectively uses the system.
- Creates yearly training plans with schedules and develops and measures KPIs for these programs.
- Facilitates group and at the elbow training sessions for assigned operational program.
- Act as telephone and communication lead for implementation of reporting projects during go-live.
- Educates training and other team members on task prioritization.
- Investigates current meeting schedules and opportunities to provide education and market our program offerings
- Mentors and assists in evaluating new team members on adult learning principles and learning modalities.
- Provides feedback and identifies objectives and strategies to meet performance objectives.
- Ensures timely delivery of the highest level of training products.
- Coordinates and/or presents general technical training classes.
- Develop and modify courses for users at all levels of reporting tiers (i.e. point and click users to power users)
- Document quick start guides and add to department website.
- Leverage Epic's analytics training guides for content to customize for UC Davis Health
- Determines effectiveness of training by analyzing end-user performance scores from course exercises and competencies.
- Monitors end-user learning outcomes, and prepares optimization plans to further develop user proficiency, efficiency, and satisfaction.
- Plans, develop, designs and implements eLearning courses.
- Conducts site assessments and identification of technology needs for using the EMR and business intelligence tools
- Identifies and communicates issues or problems to the Cogito Reporting Tools Supervisor.
- Leads by example for other team members in professional behavior, dress, and work product development
- Provides trainer observations and peer feedback to ensure delivery of the highest-level quality of training products
- Coordinates training materials production and distribution in adherence with established formats and writing conventions
- Collaborates with the IT Education team and follows established standards and best practices
- Manages training registration process, track training participation/attendance, and maintain training logistical database
- Acts as a decision maker for scheduling training plan deliverables.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- technical training (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.