Sr. Project Manager - Financial Services
Our Client, a Financial Services leader located in Downtown Minneapolis, MN, is looking for a Sr. Level Project Manager. In this role you'll be a liason and champion for stake holders and technical teams to ensure successful deployment of applications related to Financial Services initiatives.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Ensure the project deliverables are strategically aligned with business objectives and defined for the team.
- Define, estimate and schedule project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan/work breakdown structure.
- Identify project resource requirements and working with Steering Committee/Project Sponsor/Project Management Office/Project Management Competency Center to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments.
- Hold resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources.
- Adhere to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records.
- Identify and track key measures of success for the project.
- Analyze project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade offs.
- Implement corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitates project change requests.
- Consistently provide internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success.
- Escalate to the Steering Committee/Project Sponsor risks and issues with potential significant impact.
- Work effectively with business partners, vendors, technology, and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies.
- Transition project into daily business operations at the end of the project.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Manage
- Financial Service
- Capability Maturity Model CMMi
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.