job summary: OVERVIEW:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst works closely with business partners to gain in-depth understanding of business roadmap, strategy, processes, needs and goals. The ability to establish and grow relationships is key as this role will serve as a face of IT. Ability to analyze end-to-end processes, identify opportunities/risks and recommend efficiency improvements will aid success. A curious and innovative nature will help ensure that we provide continuous improvements and innovative solutions
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build relationships with customers, stakeholders, developers and QA
- Elicit, analyze, design and communicate requirements for new business process, new products, defects and enhancements
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Enhance Business Analysis processes and keep them aligned with best practices
- Produce business requirement artifacts including As-Is, To-Be flows, user stories, uses cases, business requirements, functional requirements, diagrams, etc. as well as high-level technical architecture diagrams
- Drive intuitive and customer focused User Experience (UX) of mobile and web applications
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Utilize formal requirements elicitation techniques including interviewing techniques, asking probing questions etc. when working with business stakeholders to understand and define requirements
- Answers questions and assist QA Team and Development Teams during the SDLC
This position reports to the Director of Capability Delivery and has zero (0) direct reports. It has great latitude in judgment which includes making important decisions on a continuous basis. This position will have frequent contact with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, business or related field required or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 7+ years of Business Analysis and/or System Analysis experience
- 3+ years of that experience in that role, directly responsible for working across multiple complex interconnected systems
- Experience leading requirements/design sessions to identify end-to-end technology solution
- Strong proficiency with formal requirements elicitation techniques, requirements analysis and management
- Demonstrable experience with various requirements management tools
- Experience coaching/developing business analysts and maturing requirements discipline
- Experience working in a hybrid Agile and waterfall environment
- Proven experience working with creation of use cases, functional specs, user stories, backlog grooming etc.
- High critical thinking skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvements
- Preferred: Experience with Android and/or iPhone mobile applications
- Preferred: User Experience (UX) design experience
- Preferred: Strong experience working with Jira, Confluence and any other agile project management tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.