Randstad is looking for a Data Engineer that will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing sets of data from an on-premise database to the cloud. This is an immediate long term contract opportunity.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Data - Analysis, Modeling, Architecture, etc. - Completes work with some independence and some guidance from senior members of the team. Gather and process raw data at scale. Defining data retention policies. Work closely with our data science team (ad hoc analysis of the data). Acquire data from primary or secondary sources and maintain databases/systems. Create data sets and tables to store data. Make and test database schema changes when needed. Identify user needs to create and administer the data lake. Ingest and move data between databases that includes relational and no-SQL databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Google Bigquery etc.Implement security measures by encrypting sensitive data
- ETL Development - Completes work with some independence and some supervision. Build and implement ETL processes. Modify ETL jobs to improve performance and efficiency
- Google Bigquery highly preferred but if candidates don't have this they must have very strong SQL skills
- Need python or java programming skills to do advanced work with Talend and/or Informatica
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources utilizing ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, PDI, Kapow etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with database systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Google BigQuery, MongoDB, Elastic Search etc.)
- Understanding of distributed computing principles,
Programming Language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.