Looking for a project coordinator/analyst for a three month contract with extensions.
Candidates can work primarily from home but will need to go into the Southern Maine office as needed.
Client will not pay for travel to Maine office and expects contractor will be able to come into the office whenever needed
CANDIDATE PROFILE DETAILS:
Degree/Certifications Required: Bachelors Degree
Years of experience: 8-10 years
Reason for request/why opened: New project
% Interaction with Stakeholders: Internal only
Team Size: 4-5
Personality Style/Team Culture: Friendly and collaborative
location: Falmouth, Maine
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will help lift a significant burden placed on the program and project leadership by:
- Assisting a program delivery executive to manage program financials and project financials. This includes working directly with program financial analysis teams, performing financial tracking and analysis, understanding the financials around resource planning, managing and preparing financial artifacts, and rendering financial expertise and support as directed.
- Project Scheduling: Maintaining and updating Microsoft Project Schedules (.mpp) and ensure schedule management best practices are being utilized. Ensure project milestones, dependencies and releases are accurately captured in and maintained as milestones in Clarity and Clarity.
- Monitoring and following-up on Risk, Action, Issues, Decision (RAID) Log items
- Ensuring project change requests (PCR) are completed appropriately, submitted to PCR review/approval process and documented in the project changelog
- Capturing meeting minutes, verifying content, and communicating to specified distributions.
- Partnering with PM and Project Financial Analyst(s) to perform or support the monthly resource forecasting cycles and analyzing variances between resource planned vs. actual hours and activities (CAPEX/OPEX).
- Ensuring required project artifacts are produced/captured, reviewed, approved and posted in SharePoint repositories as required. Also communicating SharePoint artifact links to team members.
- Becoming familiar with running project profiling applications to ensure artifacts for each project phase are completed and accounted for.
- Ensuring quality and completeness of project data in Clarity PPM and assisting PM to reflect an accurate status of the project including go-to-green plans. Also loading and maintaining project resource plans in Clarity.
- A robust and credible proficiency in MS Excel which includes managing large spreadsheets with complex functions and formulas. Must understand how to create and modify pivot tables.
- Proficiency in collecting and aggregating spreadsheet data for incorporation into other Excel artifacts and tools. Be able to demonstrate proficiency in forecasting and variance analysis, but be able to articulate the how's, what's, and why's of these skills. Ability to productively interact with project and program team leaders to complete critical exercises in project financials using MS Excel and delivering quality data artifacts.
- Practical hands-on experience in managing RAID logs. Demonstrate how to transfer takeaways from project meetings to update and revise RAID logs as appropriate.
- Developing, modifying, and updating credible MS Project schedules (.mpp files) which show properly cascading dependencies and the impact or scope definitions and/or revisions.
- A working understanding of project communications. This includes the ability to articulate best practices in project communications including the why's, what's, and how's. The
PROJECT UNDERSTANDING: Speak to at least 4 or more of the following project activities such as:
- Project Health Status Reporting
- Why "Go to Green Plans" exist
- How to produce a work-back schedule and track milestones
- In-depth understanding of resource forecasting and resource variances
- Techniques learned to ensure data quality and/or artifact quality
- What kind of project dependencies there are and why
- Exercises project closure activities and lessons learned
- Leveraging RAID Logs to manage risks
- How to identify process gaps
- Impacts and symptoms of ineffective project communications
1.) PCO 7yrs*
2.) FI exp 5yrs*
3.) Excel 8yrs*
4.) Raid logs
5.) Exposure to Clarity
6.) MS project
7.) Agile experience
Nice to Have :
1.) Previous client experience
Skills needed for submittals
Formatting, Manipulation) years
Any upcoming vacation plans? Yes or No
Exp. from a Financial institutions or a large corporation-Yes or no
Has your candidate worked at our client as a Full Time employee? Yes or no
Is this candidate required to give notice -Yes or no
Advanced MS Project Experience-years
Clarity knowledge and experience- years
Experience as a Program Analyst and/or Project Coordinator/PCO- years
Experience maintaining a RAID log- years
Previous client experience-Yes or no
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.