Team Lead - Engineering
Who we are looking for
Client is hiring a Team Lead to join our well-established group and help drive product development initiatives.
This role will guide the development of the Central Workbench and Model Management suite, key products in the Wealth Management solution. As a command center dashboard, Central Workbench lets Wealth Managers efficiently scale their business by managing of hundreds of thousands of accounts with advanced rebalancing, model management, and dataset drill-down capability. The Model Management suite provides clients with model creation, editing, and administration tools. You'll be delivering software performance and scalability that drives the next generation of Wealth Management services in the industry.
Why this role is important to us
Client helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform .
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
location: Burlington, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $165,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
What you will be responsible for
· Direct management of a team of 5 to 10 software development and QA engineers in an Agile Scrum team environment.
· Work closely with the Product Owner and others on requirements, project management, and scheduling.
· Contribute code changes in C#, Java, and SQL.
· Maintain and enhance code quality practice through unit testing, code reviews, and code security guidelines
· Provide expert level troubleshooting on large, mission critical client implementations
· Assist in attracting top-level technical resources.
· Provide mentoring to technical staff of all levels.
· Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field.
· 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions.
· 7+ years of professional C# development experience, additional experience with Java is a plus.
· 5+ years SQL development experience in Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server with specific focus on query optimization.
· 3+ years of experience directly managing a team of developers and quality engineers.
skills: What we value
· Demonstrated ability to provide vision and direction to an engineering team.
· Architect-level technical experience in GUI design and object-oriented server-side development.
· Strong ability to debug multi-tier, highly multi-threaded, transactional code.
· Experience with software profilers, network sniffers, and APM tools to monitor and improve software performance.
· Delivery experience as a key contributor managing, developing, and supporting commercial software products sold to non-technical customers in a vertical market. Experience developing software for financial markets a very strong plus.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.