job summary: Summary:
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with lead developers to implement Python application architectures and designs.
- Maintain existing applications to support operations.
- Produce documents including design documents, and class diagrams.
- Perform testing with technical peers and functional end users to ensure successful launch of development projects.
- Out of hours support when needed.
- Promote quality engineering and good coding practices across the company.
COMPENTENCIES WE LOOK FOR
- Structured & logical thinking
- Problem solving
- Results oriented
- Independent, self-motivated
- Strong communication (written & verbal)
SKILLS WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Regulatory Transaction Reporting in CFTC/EMIR/MIFID jurisdiction AND should have good working experience with OTC derivative products with any OOP language.
- OR 2yrs minimum python programming language (not as scripts)
- 3-5 year of Object Oriented Programming experience
- BS in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
- Testing (unit, integration, etc.), along with test automation.
- Agile development life-cycle experience
- Strong knowledge of SDLC
- Strong understanding of regulatory rules and applications.
- The candidate should be a self-starter who enjoys programming, can work as part of a global team and who has successfully delivered significant enterprise-scale projects to end-users previously.
- Strong Python experience in a development facility like SecDB or Athena.
- Distributed message system design/development.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of how to build and use with RESTful APIs
- Exposure to Front and Middle Office functions and controls
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.