job summary: Job Summary:
This role requires expert knowledge to participate in the architectural design, development, and enhancement of applications. Must uUnderstand the overall vision, business needs and the solution architecture for cross-platform mobile applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops cross platform (iOS, Android, and Windows) application using Xamarin
- Writes high-quality code for the mobile application for native and rich user experiences
- Works to build business knowledge and to transform this knowledge and business requirements into technical specifications
- Estimates technical requirements and breaks down work to user stories and tasks
- Plans, develops, tests, deploys and monitors cross-platform mobile apps in a DevOps model
- Works with Leads and Architects on various prototypes, or proof of concept, to test solution
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- Xamarin Forms and Xamarin Native development (Xamarin iOS, Xamarin Droid), Xamarin Studio or Xamarin for Visual Studio on both Apple iOS and Android platforms.
- Creating custom controls and customizing existing controls for Xamarin Apps
- UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app development, XAML and Visual Studio
- T-SQL knowledge including development of stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developing mobile applications for cloud-based solution (e.g. Azure integrations like Enterprise single sign-on with Azure Active Directory, integration with Azure Storage etc.)
- Mobile App Services, Push Notifications for both Android and iOS
- HockeyApp/Visual Studio App Center with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) / DevOps for Mobile Apps.
- Automation Testing for Xamarin
- Profiling cross-platform application using Xamarin Profiler
- Various code repositories like Git, TFS, etc
- Developing in an Agile methodology with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Very good understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Overall Cross Platform app development ecosystem, lifecycle, user experiences and roadmaps
- Shared Projects and Portable Class Library (PCL)
- Core Android & iOS features, SQLite, MBaaS etc
- Best practices in cross-platform UX design and development
- Familiar with SAP HANA REST API Integration with Xamarin is a plus
- Overall 3+ years of experiences in Mobile app development (2-3 years with Xamarin Forms & Xamarin Native )
- Previous development experiences on Native Android and IOS (using Core Java, Swift / XCode)
- Prior experience that would be a plus:
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus.
- Experience with label software from Seagull Scientific Bartender a plus.
- Experience installing, configuring and using IIS, SQL Server, Docker a plus
skills: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- 15% travel, including global travel
- Occasional on-call work required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.