job summary: Background:
The Core UX team is working to reinvent the workplace by innovating next-gen, world-leading enterprise technology for Google and beyond - with a focus on workplace collaboration, productivity and accessibility. The People UX team within Core UX is focused on creating delightful experiences for Candidates and Googlers across different People Operation Products (e.g, Hiring, Onboarding, Grow, Perf, Comp).
The UXR in this role will focus on improving Hiring and Staffing experiences. People are Google's most valuable asset, and attracting the world's best talent is at the epicenter of how we'll compete in the future.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Some questions our team is tackling:
- How do we ensure a positive hiring experience for the millions of candidates who apply?
- How do we hire a more diverse and inclusive workforce, ensure our products and processes are free of bias, and deliver equitable outcomes?
- How do we make valid and reliable candidate assessments to maximize the efforts of our Interviewers?
- How do we identify Googlers' transferable skills and enable internal mobility to help grow their careers at Google?
- Conduct independent research for various People products and experiences.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Design and moderate studies to identify opportunities to improve core People Ops services and tools.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through multiple methods such as usability testing, focus groups, surveys (e.g., HaTS).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences and cross-functional stakeholders through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, HCI or other related fields
- Experience in survey design (e.g., Qualtrics).
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.