job summary: Summary:
- Creates technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints.
- Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals.
- Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated systems that operate at low cost levels.
- Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor.
- May influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Works across multiple vendors and internal partners to produce technically excellent solutions architecture that is aligned to business needs and direction.
- Provides technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs.
- Evaluates emerging technologies against business and IT strategic needs.
- Updates architecture standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for working with LOB senior leaders and technical leaders to understand their business/technology strategy and mapping them into network architecture solutions and roadmaps aligned to the business.
- Leverages other key architects in developing the architecture solutions for the line of business it supports.
- Collaborates with architecture, engineering and product teams within other IT disciplines to understand and contribute to overall IT directions and strategies.
- Engages in high severity production incidents and problem tickets in support of redesign requirements.
- Provides feedback to product teams as to the catalog of standard products, and business requirements for changes.
- Provides technical governance to development teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence decision makers. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with knowledge of different methodologies, tools and techniques. Ability to work in a matrix environment and demonstrate keen negotiation skills to find win-win opportunities.
- Able to think abstractly and reduce complex issues and/or solutions to simplified, actionable tasks. Able to influence and drive outcomes, working at all levels of engagement - from stakeholder influence and early concept phases to detailed technical delivery and oversight in design and implementation phases.
- Experience in large scale, multi-system and platform information strategies and execution.
- Experience with systems functional analysis, technology business analysis, and basic understanding of the different technical platforms, databases, application frameworks, and related technologies.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of business architecture models
- Proven track record in working alone and within a team across silos to develop solutions. Experience in the design, development and roll out of enterprise level architecture strategies, financial analysis to qualify and quantify value based decisions that support strategic recommendations.
- Knowledge of distributed compute platforms
- Understanding of relational databases and Big Data (Hadoop) platforms.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Agile methodologies, and Infrastructure
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.